29 December 2014

New Year's Resolutions Followup 2014

I didn't do the best job of keeping my New Year's Resolutions

I did a fairly good job flossing the first half of the year, and fell apart after that. I didn't come close to posting weekly, though I averaged around one every 10 days. When you consider the gaps, however...

And the periodic calendar--I never used it to any degree worth mentioning. Instead, it offers a clear example of why these Resolutions often fail: no true change in behavior or environment to facilitate them. It wouldn't have been difficult to bookmark an adequately large image or save it to my desktop. Then, I could have consulted it easily. As it was, my poster was hung in a very inaccessible corner of my dorm.

My resolutions for 2015 are yet to be determined, but once I've chosen, these are things to keep in mind.