04 August 2019

It's Happening

It's all happening. Or at least, that's what it feels like.

I've reached the point in grad school prep where I've realized I need a checklist. That's when it starts being real, I suspect. In any case, I won't vent about it here.

But on top of all that, the hard drive in our DVR-cum-router has finally bought a plot, which is leading to all sorts of gnashing of teeth among my parents. I got off TV years ago but they're both still disciples of cable. The box is still working fine at providing Internet, which would keep me satisfied if not for the fact that the box lives in my room and so I'm subject to any actions taken upon it. Since it's really not cooperating, we'll probably just have to write off everything that was on the hard drive and get a new one.

I really don't have time to deal with cable crap this week, so I'm very much hoping that the system is as plug-and-play as it claims to be.

On the plus side, I got new glasses ordered this week, so those should be ready before school starts. I'm also managing to get some writing done, which might make the pressure after classes begin a bit lower having already gotten some material up ahead of time.