06 January 2019

January Week 1

I haven't finalized my objectives for Quarter 1, so I can't really call this a weekly progress report, but in the interest of habit maintenance allow me to review the first week of 2019.

I did successfully prepare my 2019 predictions and write a review of my progress in Quarter 4. These writing goals I achieved early on, which was satisfying but reinforced my impression that my time is not adequately structured to produce quality writing on a daily basis. That is something I will be working on over the coming days and weeks.

An important component of the equation is building up momentum, so to speak, such that I can sustain reasonable productivity. Towards that end, I'm planning to work away from home some days, while also making a point of engaging in high-return leisure activities. Already, these's been a moderate uptick in socialization, and I'd like to continue that trend into the new year.

In the shorter-term, my major objectives for the coming week include putting away the Christmas decorations, resume applications, and working on some basic writing. I'd like to push out another post about aerospace engineering on my main blog, and perhaps get back into fiction projects. Additionally, I will be continuing with my independent study plan each morning.