26 June 2016

Feeling Good

I would post pictures of the sunset I saw, but I was driving at the time and thus was not recommendable on multiple accounts.

My parents are in San Diego for Mensa's Annual Gathering, which meant I had the house to myself for the weekend. I didn't do a whole lot, beyond homework, messing around on the internet, and reading. I've finishing Part I of my Atlas Shrugged reread and at this point it's given me about 20% of the feels. I'd forgotten how engaging the book is. To be clear, Rand's style isn't for everyone, but it's like catnip for me.

This is the last week of Fluid Mechanics. I can hardly believe the class is nearly over (two exams this week, so we won't be getting the full class time). The next week aerodynamics starts with the same professor in the same room, so it's not like it's over over, but still the summer is flying by.

Independence Day is next Monday. For the first time since 2012 my parents will be home to celebrate it with me. I'm very happy about this development--usually July 4th is lonely and depressing for me.