07 October 2018

Q4 Progress Report: October Week 1

Unsurprisingly, my Q4 objectives are already proving difficult to pursue, both for the reasons which I outlined on Monday and some which I didn't adequately foresee. These include a splitting headache yesterday, which more-or-less incapacitated me for the afternoon, and the fact that my Dad took some additional leave around Columbus Day. Given the way my family approaches projects, that's not good for my progress.

I did succeed in submitting some job applications on Monday, plus some smaller applications each day during the week. I have a couple lined up for tomorrow, which I intend to pursue regardless of whatever plans les adultes have concocted. If time permits, I'll join them for a specific task later in the day, but I'm not exactly eager to head back over there.

My engineering studies have continued relatively well. I'm rapidly approaching the end of Introduction to Flight, though working the exercises for the remaining chapters will probably drag it out for another week or two. My progress through the various papers that I've lined up to read has been less impressive, but again there were some disruptions which may or may not prove periodic.

Additionally, I've begun working on a small astrodynamics/programming project, the results of which will appear in a blog post relatively soon. Getting into MATLAB again is frankly quite satisfying and a nice supplement to Anderson's exercises.

Also on the creative front, I've been toying around with ideas for NaNoWriMo, but nothing definite yet.

The goal for this week is merely to maintain the schedule. Once the ground dries somewhat, I'll be devoting more time to dealing with the leaves over at the old house, along with the various projects I need to do inside. A good deal of them are relatively small, but quite a few have to be done a particular order, so getting those ones out of the way has been a major stumbling block in recent weeks.