24 February 2019

Q1 Progress Report: February Week 4

As predicted, I did not get too much done while I was visiting relatives. This makes sense: I was focused on visiting with relatives rather than other projects. I did make some progress, most notably drafting a now-published book review while riding in the car. I did more than my necessary share of the driving, though, so the time available for that was relatively limited (moreso, when we consider how early the sun goes down this time of year).

I did get some used clothes from my grandfather, though, so that was nice. Having relatives with similar measurements pays off when they liquidate portions of their wardrobes.

This week, I'm going to try out explicit time-blocking to better regulate my activity through the day. I'm going to finish my grad school application come hell or high water (though I'm hoping we're done with the major inclement weather for the winter). In addition to that, I'm trying to get back into my regular routine of e.g. daily studying, which was naturally quite disrupted in the last week.