20 December 2015

December Daily Journal 19

Midnight still creeps up on me, especially since my parents would have me monopolized till nearly that hour if they had their way. I think quite a few of the problems in their lives can be attributed to an inability to say "no". "No" to new things, "no" to new obligations, "no" to new television shows. I keep telling them the problem is inputs, not outputs, but they continue to focus on trying to get rid of things while adding to the pile faster and faster.

It's annoying, to say the least. Doesn't make getting around the house any easier, either.

Speaking of the house, we put up some lights today. Fortunately it didn't take very long, but there will be more later. It's all about keeping up appearances, reality be damned. It doesn't matter what labels other people put on their map of you, because that doesn't affect the underlying reality.

I wonder what they'll get up to tomorrow.