04 December 2015

December Daily Journal 4

Why does midnight arrive so early every night? I almost missed it because my brain thinks it's still relatively early.

Mostly met my goals for the day, with an unexpected stint out at the design lab on west campus. Jeremy and I concluded that there's basically nothing we can do about the elevator travel on the plane, at least without risking serious damage. At this late date we're too risk adverse to try any of our ideas. Flight date is next Tuesday.

Not tired (the melatonin is working!), but over my gregarious quota for the day. Spent the better part of an hour talking to a classmate after Russian Movie Night, and I was originally planning to spend my midday break alone. Should be able to retreat to the library tomorrow--there's a lot of writing to do.

Speaking of writing, Scott Alexander is on the shortlist for an award I've never heard of. I've only read one of the other essays on the list, so I can't say for myself he deserve to win, but it's always nice to see people you like getting public recognition.