03 March 2019

Q1 Progress Report: February Week 5/March Week 1

As intended, I finish my grad school application this week and scheduled my GRE. Since hitting "submit", I've also gotten back into the swing on regular job applications; momentum which I hope to continue as a prep for the test. I've been blocking out my time in half-hour increments this week, which is helpful insofar as it gives me a detailed routine to be following. It's not a productivity panacea, of course, nor does it make getting out of bed any easier on cold mornings like today.

I took Sunday off, though. It snowed today, though not too deeply. I was able to shovel our driveway in maybe half an hour, which took my Dad and I a good too hours to do when we had a heavier snow back in January. Hopefully the nasty winter weather is over (but I know it probably isn't).

Regardless, this coming week I need to study for the GRE and apply to more jobs. Based on the initial success of time-blocking, I'll be continuing that into the coming week. I've also got a bit more than usual on my social calendar and a blog post to finish up and post, so I'm probably going to need it.