24 March 2019

Q1 Progress Report: March Week 4

I took the GRE as planned on Monday. It wasn't exactly the experience I expected, but in many ways the testing environment was more conducive than expected. My preliminary quantitative score estimate was acceptable though not particularly impressive, so we'll see if KU is satisfied with my credentials.

To a certain extent, it feels like I have finally graduated. Dealing with the old house, taking the trip to Texas, applying for grad school—there's been something large hanging over my head at every waking moment since May 13, 2018. Now, finally, I have a largely free hand. This is a nice feeling, and I'll be taking advantage of it to scope out some better work spaces and participate in more social outings than I would have been able to attend six months ago.

Warm weather is helping with that, of course. It feels like spring in March, which is...not really the way it's been the last several years (to my memory, at least). On the Equinox itself, I met up with a few friends, and did some stargazing, which was a lot of fun and something I'd like to get into again as the weather improves.

Dad did have his procedure that morning; it seems to have gone okay, though he's still pretty tired day-over-day. He'll check in with the doctor this week, so hopefully we'll get to know whether it was a success.

Those seem to be the major activities this week. For the time being, the ball is in another court. While I wait for an answer, I'm getting back in the saddle on job applications, studies, and my writing projects. But there's nothing interesting to say about that at this early point.