26 May 2019

Memorial Day Weekend

All told, I think I did pretty well this week (despite some atrocious weather). I took care of several administrative matters, finished reading Spacecraft Mission Design, and started getting up early again. Technically I fell down on that last one this morning, but not particularly dramatically compared to recent Sundays and I'm on track to continue.

Part of that is that I need some space to work on my own tasks even despite the plan to do lots of stuff together on Memorial Day. Specifically, Dad wants to assemble some shelving units to organize the basement (which really doesn't seem like a priority to me given the functionality deficits on the main floor of the house) and of course we're doing the cemetery circuit. We'll probably cook out, too—I should ask if we need to take that meat out of the freezer tonight. That's...more than I'd really like, and Dad is off Tuesday to complicate matters. And he works from home Wednesday and Thursday, so.

Back to the library with me, most likely. I didn't get to it as many days as I would have liked this week, so I'm due for a correction. The next book of theirs I'm reading is non-technical, which I think lowers the activation energy requires while building up the basic habit.