12 May 2019

Mother's Day

I spent basically the entire day doing things with people, and I am exhausted.

To be fair, it was a busy week. Still, I'm not a big fan of socializing. I hope I can spend a bit more time to myself this week. I have a blog post I want to finish and another I want to start, plus plenty of material to study and practice on my own. Job applications also fell off in the last couple of days and I'd really rather jump back on that saddle.

A small change: I've decided to no longer exercise on the weekends. My thought process is that first, exercise is often a stumbling block in my morning routine, and I'm wasting perfectly good Saturdays with slow starts. Second, I've been having weird pains in my upper body, so I think that I might need to incorporate a dedicated rest period, and weekends are a natural point to do that. We'll see if things improve.

(I should note that I've started alternating exercise sets and reading in the mornings, which slows down the overall process but makes it easier to complete, so my exercise has been slightly more regular in the last fortnight or so. It's also stacking up pages read, which is good for my self-esteem more generally—the length of my to-read list has been giving me anxiety for months if not longer, and finally drilling into it the way I have since finishing First Man is making me feel a lot better about it.)

So that's the current situation. No major progress to report, but not too much trouble, either. I'll probably stay in tomorrow to avoid overtaxing myself, but then it's back to the library everyday. Those engineering texts aren't going to read themselves.